The first thing you’ll notice when you try to find timber flooring online is that there are plenty of suppliers. You’ll also find that there are too many choices that look almost identical, and that you can spend hours looking.
It’s not really much fun to be searching diligently for your flooring and getting nowhere. You’ll also notice there’s not much useful, easily accessible, information available about these products if you’re not a builder or floorer. Even basic terminology, like “engineered timber” can be a bit baffling.
It’s a great way to waste a lot of time, and in some cases, a lot of money, if you buy a substandard product. There’s a much better way to source your flooring timber and make an informed decision about your choices, and it’s really pretty easy:
- Always source from specialist timber suppliers. These suppliers are the real professionals, and they supply the flooring companies. Typically, they have a good range of very high quality flooring timber in solid timber. That means you can see all the really good timbers in their range, and get a clearer picture on the types of timbers and prices.
- Look for Australian flooring timbers. This is a guarantee of good quality flooring. Australian timbers are excellent flooring. Australian timbers are unique in many ways. They include a vast range of familiar timbers and some maybe less familiar, like Spotted Gum. The hardwood timbers are incredibly tough, and absolutely reliable in any environment. For example – Ironbark flooring timber is as tough as you like, very hard, and an ironbark floor will last for decades with no issues at all. It can even survive a house full of active kids and still look great.
- Be sure to look at a good range of choices! The classic mistake with flooring selection is to buy first and think later. Modern flooring timber offers some truly fabulous, beautiful timbers in a vast range of styles. Take your time, browse around, and create a short list of the timbers you really love.
- Talk to the experts! To make an informed decision, and to get the practical advice you need, ask about your choices of timbers. You’ll get that invaluable expert advice to help clarify any issues and explain “flooring language” to you a lot more clearly than the average website.
- Talk prices! Good flooring suppliers can give you surprisingly good deals. Very importantly, they can also help you stay within your budget range. If you’re doing a new build, renovating or extending, it’s a very good idea to talk prices with your suppliers first, before you make any major financial commitments.
Trying to Find Fabulous Flooring in Brisbane? Ask Sunstate Timbers
Sunstate Timbers has a dazzling range of top quality flooring timbers for you. Ask us about ironbark, jarrah, blackbutt, Merbau, or spotted gum flooring, because we have all the very best timbers.
Call us on 07 3171 8430 or contact us online.