Our range of glue-laminated (GluLam) engineered timber have a stringent Australian Standard (AS/NZS 1328) and is meticulously selected for quality and professionally crafted by select manufacturers. This is done by gluing together smaller pieces of graded and seasoned timber before finishing the timber to give you an incredible product. If your designers and your construction team like Laminated Veneer Lumber, take confidence that GluLam minimises weaknesses in the timber, providing greater strength.
The product range may seem confusing but quite simple to understand. Below is a list of codes used to determine the type of GluLam timber:
GL17 – Pine Species
GL18 – Tasmania Oak Hardwood
GL21 – Mixed Australian Hardwoods
C – Denotes Cambered
S – Denotes Straight – No camber
Features and Benefits of GluLam
- Stronger than solid timber
- Durable, cost effective and reliable
- Fast and easy to handle and build with
- Made from sustainable timber
- Low maintenance and natural looking
- Standard or customised sizes available
- Suitable for mid to long spans
- Well suited to decorative portal frame applications
- Can withstand various treatments to prolong life ad resist pest infestations.
- Considerably low greenhouse gas emissions while manufacturing when compared to steel beam.
When Should I Use GluLam?
From a barbeque shelter to a larger shed, GluLam can be used for a range of purposes. It’s also commonly used for new homes, lintels over large window and door openings, garage beams, or roof beams. We have access to a range of GluLam timbers, so if you’re unsure of what you require, our team of timber experts will be more than happy to help you.
Our Glue Laminated Timber is available in both standard and customised sizes. Contact us today for all your GluLam timber sizing needs.
With a quality range of glue laminated timber to choose from, the experts at Sunstate Timbers can help. Drop in or call us on 07 3204 2533.